Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tagged: 8 Random Facts...

I never do these things but Jenifer tagged me and I haven't posted in 2 months so I think I owe it to the universe...

1. I have moved 37 times in my life. I was quite bitter about it until about 2 years ago. I finally talked to someone who put it in perspective and helped me realize that I was quite lucky to have lived in so many places and to be able to make friends so easily.

2. I had jaw surgery when I was 16 years old and was in the hospital for a week. It completely changed the way I looked and when I went back to school (after being gone for a month) no one recognized me. Note: this was not for cosmetic purposes - if it had been I would have gone for a much better look! :)

3. When I was a child all I ever wanted to do was grow up and be a business woman. That is all I would play with my sister - "office" - she always had to be my secretary. Now that I'm grown up and I got my wish to be a business woman I wish I could go back and concentrate all my energy on being a rich, stay-at-home mom!

4. The first time I saw my husband I knew I was going to marry him someday...but we didn't start dating until a year later.

5. I'm constantly intimidated by people around me. I think most of my friends and family view me as a confident, capable person, however I second guess most decisions I make and I'm always certain that people believe I'm an idiot.

6. My favorite movies are musicals. A short list is: The Sound of Music, Grease, Oklahoma, Mary Poppins, White Christmas and Funny Girl. I'm a sucker for a good...or bad musical.

7. I've had several surgeries in my life. I didn't have abusive parents but I apparently have horrible genes! :) Some of my surgeries: tubes in my ears (3 years old), appendectomy (5 years old), tonsilectomy (14 years old), jaw surgery (16 years old), c-section (28 years old), surgery on my neck (29 years old) - i've also had several broken bones and have dislocated my shoulder. Maybe it's not bad genes - maybe I have horrible luck!

8. I do not like animals. Never have. I have no desire to care for a dog, cat, fish, bird, etc. However, my daugther is in love with dogs. At some point in time I fear we will get a dog and I know I'll hate every minute of it. Growing up we had pets in our house - cats, dogs, fish - and I was not one of those people that fell in love with the animal after we got it. In fact, I did everything I could to avoid the animal and for some reason that seemed to make the animal want to be around me more. Yuck.

I tag the following: Jayne, Janie and Clint

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey, your blog does exist! I'm totally with you on #5. Maybe that's why we worked so well together. We were totally intimidated by each other until we figured each other out, then we were unstoppable!!! :)

Hey, can you eat yet? We need to do dinner!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

It was so fun reading this post. It made me miss you a ton though! We need to get together. How are you feeling? Any feeling on if baby is a boy or a girl? Love, Weeza

The Begay Family said...

WOW, I never would have guessed number 5 was you! Never!

So, how are you feeling?

J+S said...

I loved reading this! I had no idea you had so many surgeries. You are a brave one.

How are you feeling? We need to do dinner! When do you find out if this wee one is a boy or a girl?

Janie said...

I don't believe #5! I am your sister and I just can't believe you to be anyone other than a confident and capable person. Are you sure you weren't describing me? Anyhoo- I knew you hated animals- but here is a funny little bit I will predict: Addison will talk you into or guilt you into (whichever way you look at it) getting a pet- a dog and you will fall in love with that little creature and have to eat your words. Okay that is my prediction- anyone want to make a wager? And by the way I will look stunning in my swimsuit (that is my dream)- thanks for helping me pick it out! Okay and lastly- you've tagged me - just so you know I've been tagged before and I felt no obligation to comply- so we'll see. I will however join this blogging bloggers world someday (my goal is by the end of the summer), and at that time I will comply with your tag! P.S. Stay cute and cool and have a fun summer! Janie

J+S said...

Laura, you asked about my prediction for the economy: brace yourself. Save money. Get out of debt. I don't think things will be good. That's my prediction.

Loni said...

Hi Laura,
How's it going, I hear you are expecting. Congratulations! Hope you are feeling OK. Your post is cute. I am definately with you on the whole animal dislike thing. I honestly have no desire to ever have a pet. I just don't like them, and I really don't want to be responsible for one either. I will avoid it as long as possible with my kids. You'll have to check out my blog, daveloniandkids.blogspot.com