Thursday, May 1, 2008

And baby makes four...

Yes, I am pregant! Yippppeeee! We are so happy and excited to have baby number 2 (and last baby...we think) join the family. I found out about 3 weeks ago right in the middle of having a horrible sinus infection and feeling completely like crap. I realized that I was also having some symptoms that reminded me of being pregnant. We took the pregnancy test and it was immediatly positive. I'm so happy to be pregnant. We've been wanting this for quite awhile but I now remember what I dislike about the first trimester: sick all the time and so tired I could drop down anywhere and sleep for hours. Oh well - it's all worth it. The best part of this is Addy's excitement. She can't wait to be a big sister! She keeps telling me it's a boy and a girl and their names are Miles and Mazie (for those of you who have ever seen Uncle Buck you'll recognize the names). I am so happy that she will be about 4 1/2 when the baby gets here. Who can say, "momma's little helper"?

I'm not due until December 10th (based on my trusty internet calculations) so I have a long way to go. I have my first appointment this Monday. I'm not totally stoked about the next 7 months of appointments, where I get to hear how much weight I've gained and where I get the regular task of peeing in a cup, but what's a girl to do?

By the way - anyone else out there get bigger faster with baby #2? I feel like I'm the size of a house.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Whoa!!!

Congratulations! I didn't see this coming! I think you should shoot for December 11th, since it's obviously the best day. Obviously.

The Begay Family said...

Congrats! WOW,number two! I remember number 2 and I was VERY, VERY, VERY HUGE...so get ready....just kidding!

I'm too old to remember when I was carrying Brandon...he is not going into high school.

Well, keep us posted and PLEASE don't forget to post your pics of yourself!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you. My second pregnancy was much easierthan my first, so I hope that happens for you. I think I knew from the get go that Rowen was a boy. Do you have any feelings towards the sex? Oh, you should get the baby count down widget it will be fun to see how time goes by. Let me know if you need the web address...if you're interested. I am so excited for you and Clint. Oh, one more thing, once the baby comes it is NOT as overwelming (sp?) as some people make it out to be. It's actually quite pleasant.

Jayne said...

Laura, congrats! I hope you don't mind me peeking. Janie told me about your blog. I'm really excited for you guys, Addy's going to be a great little momma, you'll have to try and keep her away, especially when baby's sleeping!

Clint, Laura, Addy and Kolby said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! We are definitely excited...now if someone would just invent a cure for morning, afternoon and evening sickness life would be grand!
Jayne - feel free to come by anytime. I don't post often but you are welcome here.

J+S said...

Laura, congratulations. That is so exciting! How fun to have a new Christmas baby. :)

Janie said...

Congratulations big sister! I told you the other day that I posted, but I did it wrong and so it didn't work and now here I am like a week and half later and I am trying to think of something clever to say and I can't. P.S. My other comment that didn't work was witty and clever- I think that was a first for me. Anyhoo- not about me-its about you. Congrats! We are so happy for you guys- and I am glad to know I am not the only one contributing to our family's growth. Love ya- Janie