Sunday, June 14, 2009

Food Storage

Okay, I hate the topic of food storage. It totally stresses me out but I know that I need to work on it so I'm trying. My sister found a great website that has been a huge help to her and I'm starting to catch the vision of it too.

There are two websites that were created by the same woman but one focuses on the purchase of food storage items and the other focuses on using food storage items. One is called Deals to Meals - http://www.dealstomeals.com/. The other is My Food Storage Deals - http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com/.

Until I visited these sites I didn't think food storage was very possible. Let's face it - does anyone really know what to do with 300 lbs. of hard wheat? You can sign up for the service that this woman offers and pay about $5 a month to get a comparison of all the prices and ads weekly. I haven't done this. Janie did and she swears by it - I'm tending to believe that it's a good thing because Janie's food storage room is filling up rapidly (way to go Jane!). However, I am beginning to become more focused on food storage and I'm learning that it is possible a little bit at a time.

So, for all of you that are trying to work on your year's supply of food and have found the task a little daunting - take a look at these websites. They might be of some help to you!

(By the way, I am in no way being paid to advertise for these sites, lol)

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I've just recently started to discover the art of "couponing," but I'm all about doing it for free. Paying for those kinds of sites seem a little counterproductive to me. Check out pinchingyourpennies.com. They have the same service (letting you know the best grocery store deals) for free.

Start here: http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62
Then check out the different stores and click on the "grocery smarts shopping list." BEST TOOL EVER. And again, totally free.

And I'm not being paid to advertise for them either. :)

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Laura, I just started using Deals to Meals. My sis-in-law and m-i-l turned me on to it. What a great one. So worth the $5/month. I am so glad that your blog is going again! Also, I use pinching pennies too and love the emails I get from them. I love to save $$$! It's kind of a hobby for me I decised...sad, I know!